In the week of September 2nd to 6th, Daterra held its Sustainability Week. Every year, the farm promo-tes this event, whose main objective is to strengthen the concepts of sustainability, community and environmental preservation among its employees through dynamics and workshops. After many days of shared knowledge and learning, the event featured the celebration of Daterra’s […]
About Daterra Coffee
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Daterra Coffee contributed a whooping 11 entries.
Entries by Daterra Coffee
Big news: we are making a public commitment to increase our CO2 sequestration by 50% until 2030. Daterra, which is the only B Corp coffee farm in the world and follows ESG metrics, is already carbon negative. Now we’re expanding our contribution to actively mitigate climate changes that jeopardize the very existence of coffee. According […]
Thinking about the world’s environmental future has become a concern, sometimes even an absolute alarm. Here in Daterra, we see the topic as responsibility that we have as an agrobusiness. There have been decades of increasingly strident expert warnings and increasingly obvious signs of Earth’s climate change. Couple this with the realization that previous actions […]
Daterra just achieved world’s highest Sustainability recognition! We are the first farm in the world to receive “Level A” certification from Rainforest Alliance. Two years ago our farms received an award from Brazil’s most important agriculture news outlet as the most sustainable farm of Brazil. The award prompted us the thought: what to do next? Lots of new project were […]
From January 16 to 20, Daterra will host again 16 teens from the rural areas near our farms to spend a week with us learning everything about coffee! We’ll have two editions of The Bean Academy – one in January and another in July. Know more about the program here.
From August 7th to 12th, Daterra hosted its first Grower’s Exchange. The event took place mainly at one of Daterra’s farms, where growers from many different origins met to discuss the challenges and opportunities in our business. Our main goal is to provide an opportunity for dialog, and hopefully to kickstart a closer relationship between coffee growers […]
If you’ve been following us for a while, you might have already seen some of Daterra’s social projects on the rural area of the Cerrado region. One June 24th , one of our long-planned programs came to life: the 1st Ecological Trekking. The event welcomed 35 students from a nearby school, ranging from 7 to 12 years old. […]
- Meet the Participants From The 2017 Bean Academy!27 de December de 2016 - 09:44
- Daterra holds its annual Sustainability Week. The event also featured Boa Vista’s farm 30-year celebration.24 de November de 2023 - 17:42
- Voluntary Joint Effort: Students and Community Transform Public School Spaces17 de November de 2023 - 11:02
- Mission Climate: Daterra takes up commitment to increase Carbon Sequestration.23 de April de 2021 - 18:26
- Earth Day: Introducing The Daterra-IAC Awards to stimulate the new generation of scientists.22 de April de 2021 - 17:12
- Daterra is the first farm of the world to achieve highest certification on sustainability1 de March de 2018 - 13:39